Pre K Registration Information
Students must reside within Kilgore Independent School District, be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021 and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- Economically disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School free or reduced-price lunch program); or
- Homeless as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, or either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or the person having lawful control of the child; or
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United State, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Child of a peace officer, firefighter, and first responder who have demonstrated remarkable courage and heroism in serving and protecting their communities throughout the state and have been awarded the Star of Texas Award; or
- A child that has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
All Parents/Guardians are required to bring originals or copies of the following information when enrolling your child:
- Proof of income (must provide income information for a period of one month) SSI, TANF, CHILD SUPPORT, FOOD STAMP (formTF001) with EDG number
- Parent/Guardian Driver's License
- Child's Certified Birth Certificate (comes from the court house, not the hospital)
- Current Immunization Record
- Social Security Card
- Proof of residency. ONLY ELECTRIC, WATER, GAS OR LEASE AGREEMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED. (if name on utility bill is different from parent/guardian, signature of bill holder, driver's license and notary will be required on KISD form) POST OFFICE BOXES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Bring any legal documents pertaining to your child (Adoption, Custody, Foster Care, etc.)
Please note: There will be a short application process required at the time of required at the time of registration that allows our district to determine if your child will qualify for our Pre-Kindergarten program.
All documentation (listed above) is required to complete registration. Please bring all forms with you!